Tuesday, September 29, 2015

>> WRITE-IN PETRELIS 4 MAYOR! <<

Mustache Bad Biker of Critical Mass Fears Camera: VIDEO

As a slow bicyclist very concerned with safety issues for myself, other riders, folks in vehicles and pedestrians, I was upset with the hipster dude sporting a handlebar mustache who ruined August's Critical Mass bike ride.

In a widely-viewed video, Ian Hespelt, a 39-year-old San Francisco resident, is seen going against traffic in the Marina District forcing a woman in a car to abruptly halt, as he starts yelling at her and throwing his bike under her front end before hammering her windows with a bike lock.

Yesterday, Monday, September 28, I saw Hespelt in front of me on line at the Fox Plaza post office. I'm not sure I would have recognized him without that distinctive hipster mustache. I shot this short video of me asking him questions and letting him know what I thought of his actions. Let's hope Hespelt bad biker behavior leads to better and safer biking and safer streets for all persons.

 

No comments: